Become More Than Just a Number
Best-in-class, Compassionate Care
Nursing care at Chesapeake Regional is based on Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring which guides us through a holistic approach that accentuates the human touch as the foundation of our practice. We are committed to delivering best-in-class, compassionate care to our patients through excellence in evidence-based practice and innovation. Because of this, Chesapeake Regional nurses are role models for nursing practice and are recognized as collaborators, educators and mentors.
Our nursing leaders are an experienced group of professionals who are dedicated to their teams, and take pride in helping nurses achieve professional advancement. We empower our nurses to lead practice changes through a shared governance structure, and, whether you’re a new graduate or an experienced nurse, we offer professional growth throughout your career with a Clinical Ladder Program, a Nurse Residency Program, a Preceptor Program, tuition reimbursement and specialty certification programs.
As a large community hospital, we offer a variety of clinical areas for nurses to practice. CRH's unique position as one of the few remaining independent hospitals in our area allows us to offer rewarding nursing careers with benefits supporting flexibility, financial security and work-life balance - an approach that empowers our nurses to realize their full potential at work, while still caring for their personal well-being and families at home.
Sign-on and receive $12,000
- Must have 2+ years of experience
- Must be hired into a full-time RN position in any department
- Part-time hires will receive a $6,000 sign-on bonus
- Some positions may not be eligible for bonus
- Must sign a commitment agreement to work at CRH for 18 months
- Must apply before August 31, 2021
One-third of sign-on bonus is payable after unit orientation. Balance will be paid in full after completion of 18 month contract.
Some of the Benefits at Chesapeake Regional
- Caregiver-to-patient ratios that permit nurses to deliver high-touch, quality care to patients
- Innovative personal enrichment programs, like our R.N. Residency Program
- Tuition reimbursement of $3,000 for undergraduate and $6,000 for graduate and postgraduate
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits
- Pay for professional certifications
- The ability to be recognized by your peers with the DAISY Award
- Flexible work schedules for full and part time staff
- A family environment with a commitment to our community
Thank you Nurses!
Living and Working in Chesapeake
Chesapeake isn't just a great place to bring a career, it's a great place to live. Chesapeake Regional Medical Center is in one of the nation's safest communities filled with outstanding schools, miles of friendly, tree-lined neighborhoods and outdoor recreation - all just minutes from the sandy shores of Virginia Beach and vibrant downtown Norfolk, and one hour from the Outer Banks.