At Chesapeake Regional Healthcare, your health is our priority. It is our goal to provide you with excellent, unparalleled care. From our top-notch doctors, care partners and employees to our cutting-edge technologies, we always put you first. As you prepare for your time at CRH, please review this section of the website for helpful information. It's also important that you're aware of your patient rights and responsibilities while you're here. Thank you for allowing us the privilege of caring for you.
The Federal Patient Self-Determination Act requires hospitals to ask all admitted patients if they have an Advance Directive, such as a "Living Will" or a "Durable Power of Attorney" that impacts decisions regarding their medical treatment. Please visit our Advance Directives section to read answers to the most commonly asked questions about advance directives. If you would like more information about this federal law, or the Virginia Natural Death Act, please ask your nurse for a free booklet.
Please Bring The Following Items for Your Stay
- Glasses and/or hearing aid
- Pajamas, housecoat and slippers
- Reading material
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, comb, deodorant, shampoo, razor, etc.)
- Personal music player (with earphones, please)
Please Also Plan for the Following
- Please leave all valuables, such as jewelry and large sums of money, at home
- If you'll need a ride home after your stay or procedure, please prepare ahead-of-time
- Our patient rooms have small closets for clothing, however please bring only what you'll need during your stay
- If you wear dentures or other similar items, please let the nurse know. Please do not leave these on your meal tray
- To make your stay more comfortable, you may bring personal electronics, such as cell phones, tablets or personal music players. Hair dryers and electronic razors are also permitted. However, due to fire code restrictions, larger electronic devices are not allowed
Valuable & Lost Items
Patients are asked not to bring items of value to the hospital. No more than $15 in cash should be kept with you during your stay. If you do bring something of value or cash, it should be deposited in the safe located in the cashier's office. You will be given a written receipt for all items, which must be presented when you withdraw them. Chesapeake Regional Healthcare does not accept responsibility for items of value unless they are deposited in the safe. If you lose something, please notify your nurse immediately. The nurse will report the loss to our security services.
To Make or Receive Calls in Your Room
- To connect to an extension inside the hospital, dial the four-digit number
- To make local calls outside the hospital, simply dial 9 then the ten-digit number
- To make long distance calls, dial 0 to reach the operator
- Long distance calls may be made collect or charged to your home telephone number or a credit card
- Out-of-area patients, you will be given a guest services packet which will include a 10-minute calling card that you may use to make long distance calls
- Your family and friends can reach you by dialing 312 + the room number. If you're hearing impaired, please don't hesitate to request a TDD
- If your family or friends are staying at the Outer Banks while you are here, they can call the hospital using our toll-free telephone number, 1-800-456-8121
Please be aware that all Chesapeake Regional Healthcare locations and the Chesapeake Regional Medical Center campus are smoke-free. We ask that you respect other patients and visitors and refrain from smoking while on the premises.