Comprehensive Care for the Brain and Spine
Our expert team of fellowship-trained, board-certified neurosurgeons, neurointerventionalists, and neurologists work collaboratively to provide patients with world-class care using the most advanced technologies, tailored for their specific needs.
We are a certified primary stroke and thrombectomy capable center providing 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year comprehensive care for disorders of the brain and spine.
Why Choose Us?
- The greatest number of board-certified neurosurgeons and neurologists on staff in Hampton Roads.
- Fellowship-trained neuroradiologists.
- A highly specialized neurosurgical operating team equipped to diagnose and treat the entire spectrum of neurosurgical disorders.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery.
- The Chesapeake Regional, Riverside and University of Virginia Radiosurgery Center, which offers two advanced forms of stereotactic radiosurgery for non-invasive treatment of malignant and benign tumors in the brain and other areas of the body.
- A full around-the-clock team of health care professionals, including 24-hour in-house internists and critical care specialists who are highly skilled in supporting neurosurgical patients of all kinds.
- Long-term video electroencephalogram (EEG) monitoring to better diagnose and treat patients with seizures and epilepsy.
- State-of-the-art equipment, including the highest-strength MRI and most advanced CT scan currently available, image-guided navigation systems and the latest ultrasonic tissue ablation system so surgeons can remove targeted tumors with minimal impact on surrounding tissue.
- A dedicated neuro Intensive Care Unit with the latest monitoring devices and experienced registered nurses.
- Investment in state-of-the-art cutting edge technologies that allows our team to provide world-class treatment with the most minimal approach and optimal visualization.
- Medtronics StealthStation S8: Helps our neurosurgeons localize brain tumors using stereotactic navigation to create the most minimally invasive approach to brain surgery.
- Synaptive Modus Plan: Allows our neurosurgeons to strategically design an approach to remove brain tumors with minimal impact on the surrounding normal brain tissue.
- Synaptive Modus V Exoscope: Fully automated robotic digital microscope with 3D visualization and voice-activated control to assist our neurosurgeons during removal of brain tumors.
- Mazor X Stealth Edition: Robotic assistance for our neurosurgeons to improve accuracy and precision in placing instrumentation during minimally invasive spine surgery.
- Elekta Synergy S: image-guided robotic linear accelerator that combines high conformance beam shaping with 4D image guided radiation therapy for advanced stereotactic minimally invasive radiation treatments of brain and spinal tumors.
- Seimens Artis Icono Biplane: Allows our neurointerventionalists to see brain vessels, remove clots and secure aneurysms with the exquisite visualization and minimal radiation.
- EEG: 24 hour monitoring of electrical brain activity to localize and treat seizures and epilepsy.
736 Battlefield Blvd North
Chesapeake , VA 23320