At Chesapeake Regional Healthcare, we’ve combined personalized care, highly skilled medical experts and leading-edge technology to bring patients a team who works on their behalf to provide outstanding cancer treatment.
Medical professionals work together at the Priority Toyota Cancer Center to guide patients through their cancer journey. Our board-certified physicians, oncology-certified nurses, palliative care providers and therapists offer comprehensive patient-centered care. They help remove as much stress and fear as possible during a cancer diagnosis so that patients can focus on what matters most: fighting cancer and feeling better.
Services & Specialties
Comprehensive Cancer Care
- The Priority Toyota Cancer Center offers a full range of care
- A designated 32-bed inpatient unit devoted exclusively to cancer patients
- Nurses who specialize and are certified in oncology patient care
- On-site, board-certified radiation oncologists
- The first community hospital in Virginia to offer the Hologic® Affirm™ Prone Breast Biopsy System, a 3D™-guided breast biopsy to detect cancer earlier so it can be treated with greater success*
- The first 3D Mobile Mammography Unit in Hampton Roads with 3D technology
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery to provide a new level of radiation treatment accuracy, designed for patient comfort and treatment success, delivering precise, minimally invasive treatments
- PET CT to analyze the body and detect disease at its earliest stage
- Breast MRI for screening high-risk patients
- Breast Ultrasound to see the internal structure of a breast and detect changes that aren't visible on a mammogram
- Prostate Seed Implants to treat prostate cancer in its early stages
- Genetic Testing for those at increased risk of breast cancer
- Two Varian linear accelerators for radiation therapy with capabilities such as Rapid Arc, Conebeam and Exac Trac CT imaging
- A Nucletron HDR unit for high dose radiation treatment
- A full range of surgeons and other medical specialists on-site for consultation with radiation oncologists
- A cancer registry that manages a database of all reportable cancer diagnoses and treatments received at Chesapeake Regional Healthcare
- Affiliation with the Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Institute of Hampton Roads
*Source: M. Riggio, Account Manager, Interventional Breast Health, Hologic, Inc., March 9, 2018.
Look Good Feel Better
Look Good Feel Better is dedicated to improving the quality of life and self-esteem of people undergoing cancer treatment. The program offers complimentary group, individual, and online sessions that teach techniques to help people with cancer face their diagnosis with greater confidence.
Patient Care Team
At Chesapeake Regional Healthcare, we believe personalized care is better for our patients. We offer a team of highly qualified navigators to deliver tailor-made care to our patients. Learn more about our Cancer Care Navigators.
744 N Battlefield Blvd.,
Chesapeake, VA 23320