At Chesapeake Regional Healthcare, we’ve combined personalized care, highly skilled medical experts and advanced technology to bring patients a team who works on their behalf to provide exceptional cancer treatment.
Our technologically advanced equipment, board-certified physicians, surgeons, oncology-certified nurses and therapists help patients fight their cancer. Together with our dietitian, pain management specialists and a dedicated program navigator/social worker we strive to alleviate much of the stress and fear cancer can cause, enabling patients and their caregivers to focus on what matters most: getting better.
Services & Specialties
Comprehensive Cancer Care
- The Sidney M. Oman Cancer Treatment Center, offering a full range of care
- A designated 32-bed inpatient unit devoted exclusively to cancer patients
- Nurses who specialize and are certified in the care of oncology patients
- On-site, board-certified radiation oncologists
- A complete menu of the latest diagnostic services including MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans, CT (computed tomography) scans, nuclear medicine, 3D mammography, X-ray testing and pathology lab
- Low Dose Rate Prostate Seed Implant Program
- Two Varian linear accelerators for radiation therapy with capabilities such as Rapid Arc, Conebeam and Exac Trac CT imaging
- A Nucletron HDR unit for high dose radiation treatment
- A full range of surgeons and other medical specialists on-site for consultation with radiation oncologists
- A cancer registry that manages a database of all reportable cancer diagnoses and treatments received at Chesapeake Regional Healthcare
- Affiliation with the Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Institute of Hampton Roads
Look Good Feel Better
Look Good Feel Better is dedicated to improving the quality of life and self-esteem of people undergoing cancer treatment. The program offers complimentary group, individual, and online sessions that teach techniques to help people with cancer face their diagnosis with greater confidence.
Patient Care Team
At Chesapeake Regional Healthcare, we believe personalized care is better for our patients. We offer a team of highly qualified navigators to deliver tailor-made care to our patients. Learn more about our Cancer Care Navigators.
Do you have what it takes?
The Camp for Extraordinary Kids is searching for children who have witnessed a loved one battle cancer and are ready to fight back. We are looking for those who are brave enough to take a stand. We are looking for those who are brave enough to take a stand, but are only able to accept 10 participants this year.