At Chesapeake Regional Healthcare, we’ve combined personalized care, highly skilled medical experts and advanced technology to bring patients a team who works on their behalf to provide exceptional cancer treatment.
While our technologically advanced equipment, board-certified physicians and surgeons, oncology-certified nurses and therapists help patients fight their cancer, another team helps them focus on the emotional, financial and physical toll cancer can take. Together with our dietitian, pain management specialists and a dedicated program navigator/social worker we strive to alleviate much of the stress and fear cancer can cause, enabling patients and their caregivers to focus on what matters most: getting better.
Services & Specialties
Comprehensive Cancer Care
- The Sidney M. Oman Cancer Treatment Center, offering a full range of care
- A designated 32-bed inpatient unit devoted exclusively to cancer patients
- Nurses who specialize and are certified in the care of oncology patients
- On-site, board-certified radiation oncologists
- A complete menu of the latest diagnostic services including MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans, CT (computed tomography) scans, nuclear medicine, 3D mammography, X-ray testing and pathology lab
- Low Dose Rate Prostate Seed Implant Program
- Two Varian linear accelerators for radiation therapy with capabilities such as Rapid Arc, Conebeam and Exac Trac CT imaging
- A Nucletron HDR unit for high dose radiation treatment
- A full range of surgeons and other medical specialists on-site for consultation with radiation oncologists
- A cancer registry that manages a database of all reportable cancer diagnoses and treatments received at Chesapeake Regional Healthcare
- Affiliation with the Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Institute of Hampton Roads
Look Good Feel Better
Look Good Feel Better is dedicated to improving the quality of life and self-esteem of people undergoing cancer treatment. The program offers complimentary group, individual, and online sessions that teach techniques to help people with cancer face their diagnosis with greater confidence.
Chesapeake Regional offers an opportunity to provide education and foster a sense of community for cancer patients and their families. The Social Hour is a safe place for individuals, family members, friends, caregivers and survivors to meet and talk with one another. Every other month different topics related to cancer will be addressed, as well as activities and games to foster new friendships and bring joy to participants.
The group meets on the second Thursday of every other month at 10:30 am in the Sidney M. Oman Cancer Treatment Center. The dates for 2019 are: January 10, March 14, May 9, July 11, September 12 and November 14.
Please call 757-312-4262 for more information.
Patient Care Team
At Chesapeake Regional Healthcare, we believe personalized care is better for our patients. We offer a team of highly qualified navigators to deliver tailor-made care to our patients. Learn more about our Cancer Care Navigators.