What is Survivorship?
Survivorship is defined as “the state or condition of being a survivor; survival.”
At Chesapeake Regional, we understand that the cancer journey does not end at the completion of treatment. We care about you beyond your cancer care.That’s why we offer support throughout the entire process, from diagnosis to treatment, and beyond Radiation Oncology patients are invited to the Survivorship Clinic during their follow-up appointment about 30 days after finishing treatment.
During the Clinic
- Review past medical treatment and provide a treatment summary
- Discuss maintenance of current side effects or symptoms
- Perform a physical exam
- Deliver tailored health education
- Recommend ongoing preventive examinations and timelines
- Provide referrals to to specialists, resources or services as needed
- Address any ongoing needs or concerns as patients continue their survivorship journey
At the end of every clinic, each patient will leave with a personalized survivorship packet containing the reviewed information, which will also be scanned into your electronic medical record, so that it may be shared with all physicians involved in your ongoing care.