2022 BRA-HA-HA® RESULTS ARE IN!
CHESAPEAKE, Va. - The Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation celebrated its 15th annual Bra-ha-ha® Awards Show & Auction tonight, Friday, Oct. 14, 2022, at the Tidewater Community College’s Chesapeake Student Center. The winners of this year’s bra decorating competition were announced and a $1,000 check was presented to the grand-prize winner.
There were 140 bras competing and 13 bras recognized:
- Grand Prize: Catch Cancer Early by Jennifer Ailiff
- Most Creative: The Elephant in the Room by Denise Crittenden
- Best Craftsmanship: Beautiful Garden by Rhonda Adkins
- Most Inspirational: Forget Me Not by Stacey Mathers and Whitney Huston
- Birthday or Anniversary Inspired: Not Just a Year in the Life by Susan Bowyer and BJ Watson
- Best School Entry: Don't Be A Dum Dum by Elizabeth Bey, Emily Churchman & Lily Quick of Grassfield High School
- Best Business Entry: Nights are for Going Wild by Evelyn’s Wildlife Refuge
- Best Seasonal or Holiday Inspired: Hop To It by Jessica Galassie
- Best General Entry: Use Caution by Renee Armentrout
- Best 13 & Under: Taking Command of Breast Cancer by Briley Wills
- Best CRH Department: BraHemian Rapsody by Wendy Welch, Chesapeake Regional Healthcare IT Dept.
- Honorable Mention: The Lesson by Mosiacs by Adele
- Honorable Mention: Queen of The Greens by Elsie Baker and the Great Bridge Women’s Club
To see photos from The Bra-ha-ha 2022, go here. For photos of all bras entered in this year’s competition, go here.
The Bra-ha-ha is billed as a “Seriously Uplifting” event, featuring bras created to raise awareness of breast cancer, to honor those who have won their fight and to remember those who lost their battle. All winners were chosen by a local panel of judges and modeled by breast cancer survivors during the final minutes of the evening.
The bras will stay on display at TCC’s Chesapeake Student Center through Thursday, Oct. 20, 2022. From Oct. 21 – 31, 2022 they will be displayed in center court at Lynnhaven Mall, in Virginia Beach.
Since its inception, The Bra-ha-ha® has raised over $2 million dollars. Net proceeds are used to help provide breast health screenings to uninsured and under-insured community members and to fund advanced breast health technology at Chesapeake Regional Healthcare. Free mammograms are offered year-round to those who qualify. Those interested are encouraged to make an appointment by calling 757-312-6536 or going to Chesapeake Regional’s website for more information.
About The Bra-ha-ha® is an event of Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation, a nonprofit, 501 (c)(3). The celebration was conceived in Hampton Roads, Va., in 2008 to complement the grand opening of the Chesapeake Regional Breast Center. Proceeds from the Bra-ha-ha help to provide free mammograms and related breast health services to uninsured and underinsured community members and advanced technology at Chesapeake Regional Healthcare. To find out more go to www.brahaha.org.
About Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation
Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation was founded in 1993 to support Chesapeake Regional Healthcare by helping the hospital respond to the evolving health care needs of the community. The foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Log in to post comments