Our colorectal surgeon focuses on making the surgical process as worry-free as possible. With a program coordinator dedicated to helping you feel comfortable through the journey, our program specializes in the following procedures: Minimally Invasive Colon and Rectal Surgery; Sphincter-Preserving Surgery; and more.
- Minimally Invasive Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Sphincter-Preserving Surgery
- Surgical and nonsurgical treatment for Fecal Incontinence including a specialized pelvic physical therapy program
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Treatment of Hemorrhoids including the HET™ bipolar system
- Laparoscopic-Assisted Colonoscopy
Reena Tahilramani, M.D
Dr. Tahilramani is a board-certified colorectal surgeon. She received her medical degree from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Va. and completed her general surgery residency at INOVA Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Va. Dr. Tahilramani was a research fellow at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston, in Houston, TX. She also completed both an advanced minimally invasive colon and rectal surgery fellowship and a colon and rectal surgery fellowship at the Colon and Rectal Clinic of Orlando in Orlando, Fl.
Dr. Tahilramani is widely published, a member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons and has received specialized Da Vinci robotic training. Prior to joining Chesapeake Regional Surgical Specialists, Dr. Tahilramani practiced at Island Surgical and Vascular Group in Bay Shore, NY.