It’s not just a great place to bring your career. It’s a great place to live.
The benefits of bringing your career to Chesapeake Regional Healthcare go far beyond our burgeoning medical campus. It also means you'll be living in one of the nation’s safest communities filled with outstanding schools, miles of friendly, tree-lined neighborhoods and acres of great shopping and outdoor recreation. And it's all just minutes from the sandy shores of Virginia Beach and downtown Norfolk’s vibrant cultural scene.
- Comfortable cost of living
- Family-friendly neighborhoods
- Minutes to ocean beaches and urban centers
- All your favorite retailers
- The state's most educated public-school teachers
- One of the nation's safest cities for its size
- 69 city parks
The City of Chesapeake
The City of Chesapeake is part of Virginia's Hampton Roads, America's First Region, located at the midpoint of the U.S. Atlantic Coast and 3.5 hours south of Washington, DC. Two-thirds of the U.S. population and industrial production are within 750 miles (1,200 km) of Chesapeake, one of the 100 largest cities in America, and one of the best locations for business investment and quality of life. Together with the neighboring cities of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Hampton and Newport News, Chesapeake makes up a dynamic MSA of nearly 1.6 million people. Twenty countries from five continents are represented in Chesapeake’s business community
Source: Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce
School District Information
Chesapeake Public School District
312 Cedar Road
The Weather in Chesapeake
Chesapeake experiences consistently mild weather with four distinct seasons.
- Precipitation: 45.65 inches
- Average Annual Snowfall: 1.8 inches
- Average Summer Temp: 80
- Average Winter Temp: 44
Attractions & Activities
- A day drive from most major metropolitan centers on the East Coast.
- An hour away from America’s Historic Triangle that includes Jamestown, Yorktown and Williamsburg.
- Filled with great outdoor space and entertainment – Chesapeake City Park, Mt. Trashmore, Town Point Park, Dismal Swamp State Park, Busch Gardens Amusement Park and endless beaches to name a few.
- Great food, music and entertainment – enjoy fresh seafood as a coastal community, various food and wine festivals and don’t forget about the music. The American Music festival at the Ocean Front in Virginia Beach showcases various genres to please all crowds.
- Hampton Roads is unique in that each of the seven cities that make up our home offer so many options for shopping, dining and entertainment. There is so much to enjoy here!