Occupational therapy enables patients to live life to the fullest by looking at their physical, emotional and psychological limitations following an injury, illness or disability. Occupational therapists help their clients restore independence and achieve the highest possible level of function during everyday activities.
Some of the specialty services that our therapists provide are:
- Establishing individual treatment programs to include
- Strengthening exercises
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Wound care and scar management
- Edema control
- Desensitization techniques
- Custom splints and positioning devices after hand surgery or injury
- Treatment of hand/wrist injury or surgery
- Teaching energy conservation and joint protection techniques
- Providing adaptive equipment
- Providing home safety recommendations
- Performing Activities of Daily Living (ADL) training
Regain Your Independence
Patients’ goals are considered when every plan of care is created, and close communication is maintained with the patient’s physicians. All therapy is conducted in our 8,000 square foot outpatient facility and fully-equipped gym. We accept all insurance providers and obtain pre-approval before evaluating outpatients.