Due to Medicaid expansion, more adults in Virginia now have access to quality, low-cost and no-cost health insurance. Virginians aged 19-64 can submit an application at any time of the year to get the health care they need so they don't have to worry about getting sick or having an accident.
How do I Know if I’m Eligible?
- You are eligible if you’re a Virginia resident between the ages of 19 and 64 and are not already in or eligible for Medicare.
- There are some income requirements you have to meet, which vary by household size.
- Not sure? Visit coverva.org’s eligibility screening tool at https://www.coverva.org/screening
When will Coverage Start?
- Medicaid coverage will begin January 1, 2020
When Can I Apply?
- Open enrollment begins November 1, 2019.
- Open enrollment ends December 15, 2019.
Where Can I Apply?
Over the phone
Call the CoverVA Call Center to apply over the phone Mon - Fri: 8:00am to 7:00pm and Sat: 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Download and mail or drop off a paper application to your local Department of Social Services.
What Services Are Covered?
- Doctor, hospital and emergency services including primary and specialty care
- Prescription drugs
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Home health services
- Behavioral health services, including addiction and recovery treatment services
- Rehabilitative services, including physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Family planning services
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Preventative wellness services, including annual wellness exams, immunizations, smoking cessation and nutritional counseling
- To see a full list, visit coverva.org