If you are admitted to the hospital for one night or more, please bring the following items with you to make your stay more comfortable:
- Glasses and/or hearing aid
- Pajamas, housecoat and slippers
- Reading material
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, comb, deodorant, shampoo, razor, etc.)
- Portable radio (with earphone, please)
Please also plan for the following:
- Please leave all valuables, such as jewelry and large sums of money, at home.
- If you'll need a ride home after your stay or procedure, please prepare ahead-of-time.
- Our patient rooms have small closets for clothing, however please bring only what you'll need during your stay.
- If you wear dentures or other similar items, please let the nurse know. Please do not leave these on your meal tray.
- To make your stay more comfortable, you may bring personal electronics, such as cell phones, tablets or personal music players. Hair dryers and electronic razors are also permitted. However, due to fire code restrictions, larger electronic devices are not allowed.
Valuable & Lost Items
Patients are asked not to bring items of value to the hospital. No more than $15 in cash should be kept with you during your stay. If you do bring something of value or cash, it should be deposited in the safe located in the cashier's office. You will be given a written receipt for all items, which must be presented when you withdraw them. Chesapeake Regional Healthcare does not accept responsibility for items of value unless they are deposited in the safe. If you lose something, please notify your nurse immediately. The nurse will report the loss to our security services.