To make or receive calls in your room:
- To connect to an extension inside the hospital, dial the four-digit number.
- To make local calls outside the hospital, simply dial 8 then the seven-digit number.
- To make long distance calls, dial 0 to reach the operator. (Long distance calls may be made collect or charged to your home telephone number or a credit card.)
- Out-of-area patients, you will be given a guest services packet which will include a 10 minute calling card that you may use to make long distance calls.
- Your family and friends can reach you by dialing 312 + the room number. If you're hearing impaired, please don't hesitate to request a TDD.
- If your family or friends are staying at the Outer Banks while you are here, they can call the hospital using our toll-free telephone number, 1-800-456-8121.