Our neurosciences program features neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, and a neurosurgery-specific operating team to diagnose and treat the entire spectrum of neurosurgical disorders. We are also a partner in the Chesapeake Regional, Riverside and UVA Radiosurgery Center offering non-invasive treatment of benign and malignant tumors in the brain and other areas.
A new level of care for our area
Radiosurgery procedures on the brain are performed using Gamma Knife®, considered one of the most advanced non-invasive neurosurgical tools available. The Gamma Knife® allows a surgeon to perform brain surgery without a scalpel and without cutting the skull. Instead, the Gamma Knife® treatment uses 201 highly focused beams of Cobalt-60 radiation that intersect at a tumor site to produce biological effects on tissues inside the skull. Because of its exceptional precision, treatment is typically carried out in a single sitting and potential damage to healthy surrounding tissue is minimized. This Gamma Knife® radiosurgical treatment has an impressive scientific track record with thousands of peer-reviewed articles. No other non-invasive treatment method in this field has greater clinical acceptance in the world.
Why choose us?
- The greatest number of board-certified neurosurgeons and neurologists on staff in Hampton Roads.
- Fellowship-trained neuroradiologists.
- A highly specialized neurosurgical operating team equipped to diagnose and treat the entire spectrum of neurosurgical disorders.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery.
- The Chesapeake Regional, Riverside and University of Virginia Radiosurgery Center, which offers two advanced forms of stereotactic radiosurgery for non-invasive treatment of malignant and benign tumors in the brain and other areas of the body.
- A full around-the-clock team of health care professionals, including 24-hour in-house internists and critical care specialists who are highly skilled in supporting neurosurgical patients of all kinds.
- Long-term video electroencephalogram (EEG) monitoring to better diagnose and treat patients with seizures and epilepsy.
- State-of-the-art equipment, including the highest-strength MRI and most advanced CT scan currently available, image-guided navigation systems and the latest ultrasonic tissue ablation system so surgeons can remove targeted tumors with minimal impact on surrounding tissue.
- A dedicated neuro Intensive Care Unit with the latest monitoring devices and experienced registered nurses.
- 24-hour advanced stroke care.
300 Medical Parkway, Suite 206
Chesapeake, Virginia 23320
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Weekends, Closed