Chesapeake General Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship Fund
Each year the Chesapeake Hospital Auxiliary awards several scholarships to students currently pursuing a career in the healthcare field and who are attending a college or university or are enrolled in an accredited program of study..The Holiday “Light the World” project contributes to the scholarship fund; the donations received for each sponsored holiday tree light make up the scholarships. There is a scholarship offered through the Barbara O. Hodge Endowment Fund. Barbara was a Life Member of the Hospital Auxiliary.
Click here to download the 2017 Chesapeake General Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship Application.
Applications are due no later than March 24, 2017.
Chesapeake Hospital Authority Scholarship
The Chesapeake Hospital Authority Scholarship helps to nurture interest and education in a health care profession. High school seniors enrolled in one of the City of Chesapake Public High Schools or Currituck County High School in North Carolina who meet the requirements are eligible to apply. The deadline for entries is Friday, April 15, 2016. Please see below for more information.
Click here to download the 2017 Chesapeake Authority Scholarship Application.
- Applicant must be accepted for admission, and plan to attend an accredited school in a healthcare profession.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior from one of the Chesapeake Public High Schools or Currituck County High School.
- Applicant must submit a completed application, including at least two letters of recommendation, high school scholastic transcript with SAT scores, and FAFSA summary report.
- The Chesapeake Hospital Authority Scholarship Committee shall make the selection of qualified applicants to receive a $2,500.00 scholarship based on the current school year.
- In making a selection, the Scholarship Committee will consider academic record, test results, character reference, extra-curricular activities, community service, interest shown in a career in healthcare and financial need.
- All applications will be reviewed and, based on the information provided; selected applicants will be notified shortly thereafter.
- Those applicants selected will be invited to attend the June Chesapeake Hospital Authority Board meeting dinner to participate in a short ceremony to award them a scholarship plaque and honor their accomplishments.
- Applications can be picked up or sent to you, please contact Ashley Schnabel at 757-312-6388.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than the date specified on the application.
- If for some reason an application received does not have all required documents, it will be sent back and if the deadline has past, the application will not be accepted late.
- Completed application should be mailed or delivered to:
Chesapeake Hospital Authority Office
Attention: Ashley Schnabel
Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
736 Battlefield Blvd., North
Chesapeake, VA 23320