At Chesapeake Regional Healthcare, we’ve centered our Neurosciences program around the most important element: the patient. Here, we bring together compassionate care with state-of-the-art technology and an experienced, multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses and support providers with expertise in a range of subspecialties.
We offer patients comprehensive care for a wide range of neurological disorders, diseases and injuries to the brain and spine. Neuroradiology pairs technologically advanced imaging equipment with board-certified and fellowship-trained neuroradiologists, ensuring patients get the most accurate diagnosis possible.
Why choose us?
- The greatest number of board-certified neurosurgeons and neurologists on staff in Hampton Roads.
- Fellowship-trained neuroradiologists.
- A highly specialized neurosurgical operating team equipped to diagnose and treat the entire spectrum of neurosurgical disorders.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery.
- The Chesapeake Regional, Riverside and University of Virginia Radiosurgery Center, which offers two advanced forms of stereotactic radiosurgery for non-invasive treatment of malignant and benign tumors in the brain and other areas of the body.
- A full around-the-clock team of health care professionals, including 24-hour in-house internists and critical care specialists who are highly skilled in supporting neurosurgical patients of all kinds.
- Long-term video electroencephalogram (EEG) monitoring to better diagnose and treat patients with seizures and epilepsy.
- State-of-the-art equipment, including the highest-strength MRI and most advanced CT scan currently available, image-guided navigation systems and the latest ultrasonic tissue ablation system so surgeons can remove targeted tumors with minimal impact on surrounding tissue.
- A dedicated neuro Intensive Care Unit with the latest monitoring devices and experienced registered nurses.
- 24-hour advanced stroke care.