Home Is Where the Heart and Quality Care Is.
There's no place like home when it comes to your comfort while recuperating from an illness or recovering from surgery. When combined with the peace of mind that comes from knowing you will receive the same outstanding facility care at home, there really is no better option than Chesapeake Regional’s in-home service, ComfortCare. With ComfortCare, nurses, occupational and physical therapists, speech and language therapists, dietitians, home health aides, social workers, and licensed chaplains are available to come to your home to provide personalized follow-up medical care as you need it. The specialized healthcare team prioritizes your care in order to make sure your every medical need is addressed.
ComfortCare requires a physician’s referral and is covered by most insurance plans.
Chesapeake Regional’s ComfortCare includes:
- Skilled Nursing Services. Registered, licensed, bonded nurses are capable of providing a full range of care requested by physicians including such services as managing medications, changing catheters, overseeing tube feedings, helping with certified ostomy care and handling injections.
- Diabetes Services. Our diabetes educators work with teams of professionals to help patients better manage their diabetes at home. These healthcare practitioners assist with meal planning and nutritional guidance, insulin injections, blood glucose monitoring, lifestyle changes, pump maintenance, exercise plans, community resource referrals and other related care.
- IV Therapy. This service often allows patients to go home sooner than expected after being hospitalized or prevents them from being hospitalized at all by bringing skilled treatment and the attention of medical professionals into their homes. Services are available 24 hours a day.
- Rehabilitation Services. Rehabilitation therapists provide skilled, hands-on care in the comfortable surroundings of patients’ homes. Physical, occupational and speech therapists are specifically trained to handle your rehab needs resulting from stroke, head injury, neurological diseases, arthritis, orthopedic surgery, bone fractures, amputation, heart attack, lower back and joint pain, and general overall weakness following illness.
- Palliative Care Services. Palliative care aims to relieve suffering and improve the quality of life for families and patients with advanced illness. Pain and symptom control is provided, as well as emotional support and counseling.
- Pain Management Nursing Services. Our pain management nurses work with referring physicians to help patients control their pain and achieve some comfort with minimal side effects. The service is appropriate for anyone who experiences chronic pain.
- Chronic Disease Management. Chronic diseases can lead to a disruption of independent life. With specialized pathways for CHF, COPD, and other chronic conditions, our team can help patients better manage these symptoms in order to retain the lifestyle they desire.
- Telehealth monitoring. By providing specially-designed, easy-to-use monitoring equipment, patients who need regular monitoring of their vital signs and symptoms can check their status from the comfort of their own home while the data is transferred to our team of nurses for evaluation, providing peace of mind without the cost of independence.
Staying In Your Home
No matter where you are, it’s important to know that your care comes first. Maintain your peace of mind with in-home daily health monitoring through ComfortCare’s partnership with HomeMed L.L.C. In-home health monitoring provides increased benefit to those with chronic illness or other health conditions requiring regular monitoring of heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, temperature and weight. All of the collected information is transmitted directly to ComfortCare clinical staff, who review patient reports and respond appropriately based on your results.
What’s more, Chesapeake Regional Healthcare offers Lifeline to our in-home patients. By simply pressing a button worn around your neck or wrist, you are connected to a caring Lifeline monitor who will access the help you need, whenever you need it.
You’re never truly alone when you trust Chesapeake Regional Healthcare’s ComfortCare for all of your in-home needs. You’ll have peace of mind with our specialized team, dedicated to making sure every one of your medical needs is met.