At Chesapeake Regional Healthcare, we’ve uncovered the formula for exceptional cancer treatment. It’s the combination of personalized care, highly skilled medical experts and advanced technology that really makes a difference in the patient experience.
Our patients have a whole team of experts working on their behalf. While technologically advanced equipment and on-site, board-certified physicians, oncology-certified nurses and therapists help patients fight their cancer, another team of experts help patients focus on the emotional, financial and physical toll cancer can take. Surgeons, dieticians, clinical social workers, pain management specialists and a patient navigator work together to alleviate much of the stress and fear cancer can cause, enabling patients and their caregivers to focus on what matters most: getting better.
The hospital offers comprehensive cancer care including:
- The Sidney M. Oman Cancer Treatment Center, which offers state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment options in a congenial setting.
- A designated 32-bed inpatient unit devoted exclusively to cancer patients.
- Nurses who specialize and are certified in the care of oncology patients.
- On-site, board-certified radiation oncologists.
- A complete menu of the latest diagnostic services including MRI, CT scan, nuclear medicine, mammography with ImageChecker, X-ray testing and pathology lab.
- Low Dose Rate Prostate Seed Implant Program
- Two Varian linear accelerators for radiation therapy, with capabilities such as Rapid Arc, Conebeam and Exac Trac CT imaging.
- A Nucletron HDR unit for high dose radiation treatment.
- A full range of surgeons and other medical specialists on-site for consultation with radiation oncologists.
- A pleasant, soothing environment designed with patient comfort in mind.
- Reserved parking and a covered drop-off area for patients' convenience.
- A resource library with Internet access.
- Outdoor landscaped "Garden of Hope" area for reflection.
- 24-hour availability of emergency and operating rooms and pathology and diagnostic services.
- An Outpatient Infusion Center staffed with skilled nurses to perform procedural treatments such as chemotherapy, blood transfusions and IV therapy.
- Convenient weekday appointments for radiation, chemotherapy and IV therapy.
- Cancer registry that manages the database of all reportable cancer diagnoses and treatments received at Chesapeake Regional Healthcare.
- Affiliation with the Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Institute of Hampton Roads.
Look Good Feel Better Class Dates
Look Good Feel Better is dedicated to improving the quality of life and self-esteem of people undergoing cancer treatment. The program offers complimentary group, individual, and online sessions that teach beauty techniques to help people with cancer to face their diagnosis with greater confidence. Learn more here http://lookgoodfeelbetter.org/about/
- January 9, 2017 - 10am at the Lifestyle Center
- February 13, 2017 - 6pm at the Lifestyle Center
- March 13, 2017 - 10am at the Lifestyle Center
- April 10, 2017 - 6pm at the Lifestyle Center
- May 8, 2017 - 10am at the Lifestyle Center
- June 12, 2017 - 6pm at the Lifestyle Center
- July 10, 2017 - 10am at the Lifestyle Center
- August 14, 2017 - 6pm at the Lifestyle Center
- September 11, 2017 - 10am at the Lifestyle Center
- October 9, 2017 - 6pm at the Lifestyle Center
- November 13, 2017 - 10am at the Lifestyle Center
- December 11, 2017 - 6pm at the Lifestyle Center
Sometimes life can take an unexpected turn and we have to learn new skills and routines. We find fresh ways to cope and we learn to see in different ways. But you don't have to learn these skills alone because whatever your situation, there are others who can help you by sharing their own, similar experiences. That's why Chesapeake Regional offers support groups focusing on various medical conditions for you, your family and loved ones. For cancer patients, their families and friends and survivors of those who have died of cancer, the group meets the second Thursday of each month, at 10:30 a.m. in the Sidney M. Oman Cancer Center. Call 757-312-6460 for more information.